My Favorite Videos in 2011
January 16th, 2012
As I noted in my blog on the Most Popular Videos of 2011, filming is what makes www.jamessuckling.cm different from other wine critic’s websites. The videos bring the subjects to life, whether an enthusiastic winemaker or fabulous wine. It’s drama. It’s excitement. It’s even funny.
I thought I should choose my five favorite videos from 2011 out of the more than 350 posted on our server and post them in a row. Most were for paid subscribers to the site. So I have unlocked them for all to see. I hope you enjoy them.
1. My Blog: Wine Future, Future of Wine: This was a video of my road trip tasting 2010 from barrel in Bordeaux to illustrate the excitement of new media. About 1,000 people watched the video in Hong Kong during my presentation on the subject at a wine trade fair. I love the energy in this video.
2. Ultimate Wine Game at Chateau Latour: The famous first growth invited us to film a unique event to promote a fabulous wine auction last May in Hong Kong. The series has so much drama. It’s a real inside view of ultra-fine wine.
3. El Bulli: The Kitchen Pt. 1: This was pure documentary material chronicling a dinner at the world famous restaurant, which is now closed. It’s history. It’s fascination.
4. Sine Qua Non: The Vineyard: Another mini-series exploring the mind of one of the world’s most iconoclastic winemakers: Manfred Krankl. The video goes a place that few enter – both the physical and mental world of a winemaker.
5. 2010 Bordeaux En Primeur: The New First Growth: Humor is something that the wine world really lacks, and this was a laughable video for April Fools’ Day. I still LOL and smile when I watch this.Comments